What Entrepreneurship Means to Me...

"Nobody talks of entrepreneurship as survival, but that's exactly it is. To fulfill a dream, create and sweat over lonely
labor is the meat and potatoes of life. The money is the gravy."
~ Attributed by Bette Davis

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Four Tips in Overcoming Your Fears About Business


Isn’t it amazing how animals adapt to their environment, they always seem to wrangle up food, instinctively know when good and bad opportunities arise, and most interestingly enough…they have an incredible sense of smell. So good, in fact, that they can actually smell fear.

Well, we surely don’t know what fear smells like but we know what it looks. And if we as Distributors do, it’s a sure bet our potential customers, do too.

So do I really mean by all this? I’m saying that an entrepreneur’s fear gone unchecked is the uncooked spaghetti of any business venture. And no matter how many times we throw a seemingly courageous business move on our bright-ideas-wall it never seems to stick.

As a practicing entrepreneur numerous times over, I have definitely been director, and headlining actress of, “When Business Fears Attack”. Putting my own needs in the forefront of my mind rather than on my customers is really focusing my message from that crouching position of fear. The fear of failure, rejection, not meeting financial obligations…leading with these emotions always inhibited my own success I so badly wanted.

"Power S.U.I.T., power steering, power moves, people!"
I learned no one ever becomes a client to someone don’t have not confidence in. What prospects smell doesn’t even have to be the fear we would openly share with them. When they get a sense we’re not confident in what we’re telling them, they’re natural instinct kicks like the scent of an ambush. And there we are, left with only the 1976 Eric Carmen hit single, “All By Myself” chorus looping in our brain.

So how did I break out of my own cycle of fear besides hyperventilating into a brown paper bag? I made a decision to stay alert to the Seven Common Fears featured on CEO TV “Overcoming Fear Series”, as well as putting on my Power S.U.I.T.  Yes, Power S.U.I.T.

It’s an acronym for the four tips I use in sharing with prospects, coupled with my own success stories in actively using the You Are a CEO product.

Overcoming Business Fears by Putting on Your Power S.U.I.T
S=Simplicity: Simplicity goes a long way when making a sale. I don’t make my prospects learn a new language. I always remember what Terry Fulton, Lifeskills411 CEO once said to me. “Can you make people feel intelligent?” If people don’t understand my solution to their own problem chances are they won’t feel ‘smart’ enough to do business with me, either.

U=Usability: It takes a village to raise a child but it shouldn’t take a village to learn about a solution to a problem. I stay respectful to those I talk to by making sure this is something that could benefit them and use immediately. The product should be an easy-to- use solution that won’t be frustrating or time consuming.

I=Ingenious: I’m not the ingenious one for bringing them a solution; they are the ingenious one for welcoming the solution in their life. Always think about how what you are selling will make you customer shine in the areas of concern in their personal life or business.

T=Time: Our customers are looking for opportunities that integrate, not aggravate. I look for way this solutions will save them time, which really translates in to money. The fact that it’s online learning 24/7 is a huge value-added bonus.

My job as a VCS Inc. Distributor is to share value. What I add to others was only what was added to me from others. After all, much of the value I can give was from what others we’re willing to help me overcome.

No comments: